Thursday, December 29, 2011

Frustrating Day

There is seriously been nothing more frustrating, than having to deal with nurses that don't understand pain; or the pain that I am in.  I am in an excruciating amount of pain, and I mean like more than I ever have been in before, and they don't listen to me.  All day I have been dealing with a nurse that has been late by up to three hours in giving me medications.  And I mean I am not even 24 hours post op.  And the thing about all of this, was before the surgery when I thought it couldn't get any worse, the doctor told me that the pain would be far worse than where I was yesterday.  So here I am today, and yes it is so much worse than where it has been the past couple days.  Plus with my surgery only two weeks ago, I haven't even begun to recover from that.  I want to so badly be better.  I want to be comfortable at bed at night.  I want to sleep again without pain.  And so right now, yeah, I am frustrated that I don't have nurses that don't understand.  And none of them have had surgery, let alone 10!!!  Sorry if this post is so negative, but I cannot hold it in anymore.  I am so done with all of this.  They have decreased all my medications tonight, and what I don't understand is when you have had the kind of day that I have had, why would you decrease at night, when in order for me to recover the least they could do would be to wait until tomorrow.  So tonight I will go to bed in pain.  I will go to bed frustrated and not sure how I keep putting one foot in front of one another.  I will be frustrated by my nurses that I had all day, and the nurses that are not interested in helping me tonight.  Not even a 24 hours out yet.  Nice.  Hard to make it proud of things that I did accomplish.  Things that made me ball into my pillowcase wishing the day away.

Just pure frustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment