Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Worried

Okay, yes I know, it is not good to worry.  But I cannot help but be worried.  My right leg pain is so bad that it has now radiated into my foot.  This morning I was trying to stand while taking my medications, and I literally fell backwards (and luckily there was a chair I could grab), because I could not support my weight and stand on it.  It is getting worse everyday, and it should be getting better.  At 1 am on Sunday morning I went to the ER to rule out blood clots, and they said to contact my surgeon right away.  I called the on call doctor yesterday, because the offices were closed.  He and I went round and round.  It was ridiculous.  He kept saying that if I could not support my weight and stand, than I would need emergent surgery.  Well, I would tell him that I cannot stand and hold my weight.  My leg just shakes and shakes.  He said this was okay, it could wait until I talked to Dr. Gerdes.  Really?  Didn't he just say that it would call for emergent surgery?  Oh, I could scream.  I am in so much pain, that I cannot even describe, although the leg pain is so bothersome and painful, that for the most part I am not noticing the pain in my back.  And there is pain in my back.  I am frustrated and tired.  And even more so I am getting pissed off.  I want some answers, and before it is too late.  In the last couple years I have heard so many stories of patients going home, with no problems, and then bam, they have something go wrong and lose their leg.  Or other problems.

So excuse me if I am worried, I am normally a little more laid back, and really try and put all my trust in the Lord to answer my questions.  I am praying, but I can tell that my heart is not totally into it.  It is hard, I am worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment